Cleaning with Lehm Klay and HD-Cleanse
Lehm Klay Acid rain, road silt and fallout are the enemy of paint. Water and soap washes away the loose particulates but not the embedded pollution. The sun acts as a catalyst to help these paint-toxic materials penetrate and destroy your paint. Many car valeters still use an acid solution to wash the surface of the paint. This is dangerous and the risk of staining parts of the car is high. Lehm Klay is a superior natural answer to mechanical paint damage including acid rain etches, moderate abrasions, bird droppings, light oxidation and iron particles often found on cars parked near railway lines. It is naturally derived and produced from Kaolin Klay from Africa and Chalcedony Quartz from North America.
1. Wash the entire car.
2. The paint surface should be cool.
3. Cut a small piece of Lehm Klay from the block and form into the shape of a small pancake.
4. Spray Lehm Lube evenly onto a one square foot section of the car.
5. Work Lehm Klay with a light pressure until the surface becomes smooth and silent.
6. Inspect the surface of the Lehm Klay regularly and remove particle contaminants before folding the Lehm Klay in half to form a new pancake.
7. Rinse with warm water and gently buff with a clean Zymol Towel to reveal the true, clean finish of your car (the paint looks and feels new).
Lehm HD-Cleanse 1. Apply a small amount of HD Cleanse to a Pre-Wax Applicator.
2. Lightly rub using a back-and-forth motion to cover an area about two feet by two feet.
3. Allow the product to sit on the paint surface for about 30 seconds and then rub it with the applicator. Work over the area for about three to five passes.
4. Take a towel, folded into a pad and wipe over the area until it is clean. If the HD Cleanse starts to harden, use distilled water in a Schpritzer bottle. Mist over the area, then wipe, using a dry, clean towel. Wipe until all the HD Cleanse has been removed.
Now, how do you know when the surface is really clean? Apply HD Cleanse with the pre-wax applicator in a straight line, side-to-side pattern over a two-foot by two- foot area. Let it stand for about 20 seconds, then buff with light pressure.
Buff the area until the paint is clean, and then re-apply to half the cleaned area, using the same procedure. Is there a difference? Go back over the entire area twice more, and then split the panel again. Stand back ten feet and look for a difference in colour and depth. If it looks good, the number of times you had to rework this area is the number of times the panels have to be done. This usually applies to all horizontal surfaces.
Secure Online Shopping